Assistant Registrar for Systems Support
The Assistant Registrar for System Support is a key member of the Office of the Registrar. Under the direction of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar for Systems Support maintains key registration functions/business process through leveraging technology, providing end-user support to the Office of the Registrar and other community members. Working closely with the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the student information system and related interfaces and auxiliary systems in the Office of the Registrar. The Assistant Registrar for Systems Support plays a lead role in overseeing effective change management process to drive improvements in essential registrar services. As a self-starter, the Assistant Registrar is expected to exhibit a high level of creative program-solving ability and resourcefulness and is competent to work on fairly complex business process and IT services with minimal direct supervision; is capable of multi-tasking while meeting different deadlines; and work closely in a collaborative model with others members of the Registrar office, Student Information System and the university’s central IT organization. Availability to work in evenings and weekend, including representing Registrar at on-campus events as assigned by the Registrar is required.
• Oversees the ongoing implementation and upgrade of the student information system; develops, tests, documents and implements technology related to registration services including overseeing, and managing web development and progress toward the implementation of web-based enhancements such as on-line forms; • Provides user support and troubleshoots with regard to all Registrar controls and procedures. Trains staff and creates and updates training documentation in the use of various software applications; and keeps staff updated with system updates, e.g., releases and patches. Prepares and publishes user guides and documentation; provides training to faculty, students and coworkers in functional duties related to the department; • Assist with strategic planning and direction for the maintenance and enhancement of the student information system; plays a lead role in overseeing effective change management processes to drive improvements in scheduling, registration, graduation, and other essential registrar services; • Assist Registrar with communication campaigns within BRM/CRM to ensure proactive outreach to students at all life-cycle. This includes responsibility for designing, building, testing and maintaining all BRM/CRM campaigns. Measurement, analysis, and reporting of results are also expected; • Analyzes current and evolving departmental technology needs; assist Registrar in establishing short-term and long-term technology priorities;
• Develops and implements solutions by performing business processes analyses, gathering requirements, writing and testing changes, upgrades, reports, and policy and procedure manuals for end users within the department; • Works closely with University Information Systems (UIS) staff and the Director of Student Information System (SIS), performs final user acceptance testing; reviews data quality issues up to and including creating test case scenarios of all processes that support the Registrar operation; • Establishes, maintains and updates Banner controls and operational calendar parameters for Student Information System.
• Serves on internal and external committees as representative of Registrar office; • Works closely with Registrar to coordinates the creation and/or updating of content on Registrar websites, web forms and social media; • Availability to work in evenings and weekend, including representing Registrar at on-campus events as assigned by the Registrar is required. • Contributes to the success of the Office of Registrar by assisting the Registrar in all other functions as assigned.
• Customer Focus: Focus one’s efforts on identifying and meeting internal and external customer’s needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer, within the parameters of the position and the available resources, cognizant of departmental and /or University policies and authorized practices. • Achievement/Goal Orientation: Demonstrate a concern and aptitude for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, showing passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. • Teamwork/Team Orientation: Willingly cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties; work cooperatively with others to accomplish departmental and university objectives. • Communication: Demonstrate the ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and/or in writing, as appropriate to the position and task at hand. • Professionalism: Conduct oneself at all times in an ambassadorial, committed and personable manner demonstrating respect for the position, fellow colleagues, departmental integrity and the University’s best interests.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business information system or related field. • A minimum of three years of experience in a Registrar’s office or comparable higher education environment where technology support of Ellucian or a similar enterprise student information system was the primary responsibility. • Prior experience with configuration and reports from enterprise information systems. • A minimum of three years’ of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to independently create detailed documents, presentations, statistical reports, and research materials. • Availability to work in evenings and weekend, including representing Registrar at on-campus events as assigned by the Registrar is required.
• Prior exposure to Banner, Colleague or similar student database system. • Familiarity with query language and recent exposure to integration or data migration or upgrade projects.