Senior Applications Consultant
Drew University is seeking a Senior Application Consultant (internal, full-time) in the University Technology Department. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, the consultant applies a substantial understanding of the responsibilities and operational processes of the offices of Registrar, Financial Aid, and Admissions in working directly and collaboratively with users, either independently or in a lead role The incumbent performs functional analysis, data analysis, process development/improvement, quality assurance, troubleshooting, problem resolution and/or consulting tasks for a wide range of highly complex applications and their underlying data. Directly support the functional and operational use of Ellucian’s Higher Education Banner suite and related applications for degree audit, housing, workflow, document management, etc. Scope of support services includes integrations between Banner and other applications with emphasis on student-related information. Utilize project management approaches to organizing and effecting change.
- Serve as a senior consultant regarding business operations and applicable major administrative applications of the University. Work with client departments to understand operational and technical challenges, collaboratively explore solutions, and support the necessary change management efforts to implement the agreed upon improvements.
- Utilize data query and analytical skills to support client departments’ information reporting needs. Work with users to design and build reporting data models and reports. Serve as a mentor and instructor to assist users in enhancing their own skills and self-sufficiency.
- Collaborate with client departments to review upcoming software releases and define formal testing and sign-off responsibilities. Provide coordination and oversight of efforts to ensure necessary effort is made and schedules are met.
- Provide technical support for defining and developing automated batch processes and interactive workflows.
- Provide technical support for analyzing and solving application anomalies including application integrations.