Raritan Valley Community College
Branchburg, New Jersey
The Director of Information Systems is a technical service management position responsible for the on-going assessment of information needs related to the College’s administrative computing systems and the management of those systems.
- Manages the continued development, maintenance, currency, and testing of the College’s Ellucian Banner system and related systems.
- Assists the administration with long-range planning for administrative computer systems.
- Works with end users to define the information needs of the College and to determine how to provide needed services and data.
- Coordinates the implementation of new systems and system upgrades including evaluation, installation, configuration, testing and roll out.
- Analyses, interprets and coordinates system changes as required by state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements procedures for gathering, analyzing, and reporting data needed to assess systems performance.
- Manages and works with contract staff and consultants as needed.
- Maintains liaison with College offices to ensure the integrity and consistency of systems and data.
- Recruits, supervises and evaluates performance of staff.
- Maintains and manages vendor relationships.
- Participates in appropriate industry organizations and conferences.
- Maintains technical skills through formal and informal training.
- Serves on the Banner Users Group and Banner Module Owners committees.
- Supervises the Programmer Analyst, Data Base Administrator, Data Base and Applications Administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.