Lewisburg, PA – Bucknell University
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the day to day operations of the Accounts Payable function. This person works under the direct supervision of the Director of Disbursement Services and closely with the Senior Associate Controller and other Finance staff. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become familiar with all areas of the Finance Office while also appreciating their interdependence. This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible position.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the daily operations of the Accounts Payable function, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing invoices and disbursement requests for payment by deadlines.
- Reviewing purchase orders with payments.
- Printing and disbursement of Accounts Payable checks, direct deposits, credit cards, wires and international payments.
- Updating accounts payable check ledger.
- Reviewing and monitoring the travel and expense report/reimbursement process and approving expense reports.
- Creating and maintenance of all Supplier records and Accounts Payable files.
- Entering invoices and check/ACH/wire requests into the Accounts Payable computer system.
- Utilizing the procurement credit card for payment of invoices and supplier invoice requests when appropriate.
- Act as a resource to University departments and outside vendors, while providing prompt, courteous and accurate service.
- Provide recommendations and develop proposals for process improvement solutions.
- Oversee the month end closing process including account reconciliations and fiscal year procedures.
- Develop, gather, organize and disseminate a variety of information and reports.
- Oversee the vehicle title registration and renewal process.
- Assist with travel and project card processes including reconciliations, document review and other related tasks.
- Support and contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or related field
- Three years of experience in electronic accounts payable processing
- Experience and knowledge of general ledger account reconciliations including month end closing processes
- Familiarity with accounting, income taxation issues, 1099 preparation and filing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word and ability to develop reports.
- Ability to accurately enter large volumes of alpha/numeric data into a computerized system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as this position requires regular communication with internal and external customers.
- Good organizational skills; ability to multi-task and learn new skills.
- Ability to handle confidential data and work in a team environment.