PABUG - Call for nominations for Vice President

Rhoni Ryan rryan1 at swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 7 09:04:29 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are extending the deadline for VP nominations....

I am writing to solicit nominations for the position of Vice President for
the PABUG organization. You have until *5:00 PM on Friday, December 11,
2015* to nominate yourself or another individual.

The Vice President's role becomes effective January 1, 2016 and their
primary responsibility is to assist the President and Officers with any
PABUG-related matters throughout the year especially as related to planning
activities for the annual conference.  He or she will participate in the
executive committee, assist with communication efforts, and engage in event
planning.  This three-year commitment includes the Vice Presidential role
in year one, the Presidential role in year two and the Past Presidential
role in year three.  Please be aware that per the PABUG Constitution, a
vacant Officer Position can be filled by those individuals that served
their term to completion in a prior Officer, Special Resources or Track
Leader position.

To nominate someone or yourself, simply reply back to me (
rryan1 at swarthmore.edu) and copy Michael White (michael.white at sru.edu) with
the candidate’s name, institution and contact information.

If you are nominating yourself, you should include a brief biography
indicating your interests in the PABUG organization and why you would be
the ideal candidate.  Please keep in mind that we cannot accept a nominee
from Swarthmore College, Slippery Rock University, Villanova University and
Drexel University since existing Officers already represent these
individual schools.

The list of eligible candidates will then be forwarded to active PABUG
Board of Director representatives for a vote and your new VP should be
announced by the end of December.

Thank you!

Rhoni A. Ryan

PABUG President