PABUG Philadelphia Area meetup for DBAs, Sponsored by ODTUG and LiquidHub

HELEN J. SANDERS helen.sanders at temple.edu
Thu Aug 31 11:07:23 EDT 2017

Hi PABUG DBAs, or developers that do DBA tasks,
You may be interested in attending this local (to Philly) meetup on September 20th.
Details below. Space is limited to 20, so register soon if you're interested!

https://www.meetup.com/ODTUG-Philadelphia-Database-Professionals-Meetup/events/242953422/

*        How well do Oracle and Linux work together? What can you do to improve the relationship?

Join us on Wednesday, September 20th at LiquidHub in Wayne for Oracle DBA, expert and enthusiast Beat Ramseier's talk, followed by Happy Hour at City Works<https://www.cityworksrestaurant.com/kingofprussia> in KOP.

[https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/8/f/7/8/600_464136728.jpeg]

 About Beat:
============
Beat is a long-time Oracle DBA and PL/SQL enthusiast. His focus is on database performance, security, and high availability, and he's pretty good at restoring a database.
But wait! There's more! He does other "stuff" too: Lots of Linux, a bit of Hadoop, some SQL Server & Windows. Learns and relearns every day. Sometimes writes (and rants) on http://www.spotonoracle.com<http://www.spotonoracle.com/>

[https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/8/f/4/f/600_464136687.jpeg]

About the talk:
==============
* We'll start at 6:30 PM and wrap up around 7:30 with 15 minutes more for your questions.

>From the presenter:
===================
* Let me help you help your Linux admin. What the Oracle DBA should know about Red Hat/Oracle Linux 7.

* This talk discusses new components like systemd, firewalld, and journald as well as related new commands.

* We will look at relevant Oracle prerequisites and shed some light on kernel parameters and how to configure them using tuned.

* Eventually, there is no way around HugePages. You'll understand the importance of using them and see how easy it is setup, or is it?

About the Happy Hour:
======================
* After the talk - head on over to City Works, 220 Main St., King of Prussia (About a 4 minute drive from LiquidHub) where the first round is on ODTUG!

Thanks to our sponsors ODTUG<http://www.odtug.com/>

[https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/e/9/2/3/600_452219683.jpeg]

And LiquidHub<http://www.liquidhub.com/index.html>

[https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/8/f/d/1/600_464136817.jpeg]

Helen J. Sanders
Temple University
Assistant Director - Student Collaboration Center
971 Carnell Hall
P: (215) 204-8547 M: (215) 756-4460
helen.sanders at temple.edu