I would like to welcome all of you to this the 12th Annual Pennsylvania Banner Users Group Conference!
You are part of over 500 attendees, 15 vendors, and 26 SunGard representatives that will be attending over the next 2 days, representing 44 Institutions and 5 states (including vendors 12 states)
During this past year the board, including the track leaders met for a one day retreat in March to begin planning this conference. To which I must say that it has been a great year working with such dedicated volunteers. I feel that they have pulled together yet another great conference with valuable sessions that span many topics. Also during that past year there were 3 technical days have were organized under PABUG umbrella:
1. The first one under the direction of Bill Balint was held at IUP on June 2nd and 3rd in which there were approximately 65 people in attendance. There were 19 technical sessions, two keynotes speakers and a Code Camp update. These days were tailored to focus mainly on “Banner-required” technology. Thank you Bill and others that helped to organizing this event and or presented one of the sessions!
2. The second tech day was a Mini-Tech Day with a focus on Argos under the direction of Jane Gilbert. This event took place at La Salle on July 26th. It encompassed an Argos 101 session, panel discussions for module specific topics and intermediate to advanced general sessions. Thank you Jane and others that helped to help make this day a success.
3. Just recently under the direction of Cindy Bilger, there was an ACT 32 Seminar held on October 24th at HACC. This was a one day event which was attended by 36 people.
First the board, what a great group of people to work with! In case you are not familiar with who they are, let me introduce you to them:
1. Our conference Coordinators Cindy Bilger from Bucknell and Cathy Connor from Villanova
2. Our Vendor Coordinators Manny Pena from Lehigh and Jane Gilbert from LaSalle
3. Our Registration Coordinator Armand Bignola from St Joseph’s, who is stepping down from his position and will be replaced by John Wyschynskyj from SJU.
4. Website Coordinator and Power Point Presentation designer, Maryann Flynn from St Joseph’s
5. Stephen Magliocco, our Treasurer from Villanova.
6. Our Secretary, Rhoni Ryan from Swarthmore
7. SunGard account manager Sean Melvin
8. Past President, Beth Hess from St Joseph’s University who has diligently served her presidential term. Many thanks to your leadership, in-site and guidance over the past 3 years.
Another special thanks goes to our 15 vendors. You all help to make this conference a success and help us to reach our institutional goals.
1. Adirondack Solutions, Inc
2. Dell, Inc., who so graciously provided 10 laptops and a printer for us to use for this conference, of which 4 are place conveniently in the lobby for you to have access to fill out sessions evaluations.
3. ESM Solutions
5. Higher One
7. ISE, Inc
8. National Time Systems
9. Nelnet Business Solutions
10. Official Payment Corporation
12. Radview Software, Inc
13. Runner Technologies, Inc
14. TouchNet Information Systems, Inc
And of course the vendor that brings us all together…..
15. SunGard who as I mentioned before has 26 representatives here to listen to each of you. Once again they are sponsoring a reception at the end of the day today in the Grande Ballroom and you are all invited.
|2011 PABUG Officers|
|Past President:||Beth Hess (Saint Joseph’s University)|
|President:||Sherrilyn Wolgemuth (Messiah College)|
|President-Elect:||Bob McBride (LaSalle University)|
|Treasurer||Stephen Magliocco (Villanova University)|
|Secretary||Rhoni Ryan (Swarthmore College)|
|2011 Special Resource Coordinators|
|SunGard Higher Education Account Manager||Sean Melvin|
|SunGard Higher Education Resource Coordinator||Manny Pena (Lehigh University)|
|Conference Coordinator||Cathy Connor (Villanova University)
Cindy Bilger (Bucknell University)
|CPE Resource||Jane Gilbert (Lehigh Carbon Community College)|
|Registration Coordinator||Armand Brignola (Saint Joseph’s University)
John Wyschynskyj (Saint Joseph’s University)
|Vendor Coordinator||Clete Rickert (Villanova University)|
|Website Coordinator||Maryann Flynn (Saint Joseph’s University)|
|2011 Track Leaders|
|Accounts Receivable||Diane Trainer (Lehigh University)
Shelly Keck (Lafayette College)
|Admissions||Lynne Murray (Lafayette College)
Keith Higgins (LaSalle University)
|Advancement||Barbara Mann (Swarthmore College)
Mike Pasqua (Dickinson College)
|Finance||Bob Siegfried (Lehigh University)
Patricia Russo (Temple University)
|Financial Aid||Cathy Poiesz (Messiah College)
Stacy Hopkins (Indiana University of Pennsylvania)
|Human Resources||Bev Das (Villanova University)
Janice Hoffman (Lafayette College)
|Luminis||Lisa Veloz (Bucknell University)
Jonathan Wheat (Messiah College)
|Student||Thomas A DiCamillo (LaSalle University)
Lynn Pelick (University of Scranton)
|Technical||Doreen Minich (Messiah College)
Alice Faroane (Villanova University)
Cumulative Number of Volunteers by School from 1999 – 2011
|California University of Pennsylvania||–||–||–||–|
|Community College of Philadelphia||–||–||4||4|
|Delaware County Community College||–||–||1||1|
|East Stroudsburg University||–||–||–||–|
|Harford Community College||–||–||1||1|
|Harrisburg Area Community College||–||–||7||7|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||4||2||14||20|
|La Salle University||1||1||10||12|
|Lehigh Carbon Community College||2||1||1||4|
|Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine||–||–||2||2|
|Saint Joseph’s University||7||16||17||40|
|Slippery Rock University||–||–||–||–|
|Thomas Jefferson University||–||–||–||–|
|University of Scranton||–||2||11||13|